Author Interview: Samantha Evergreen
Updated: Oct 14, 2019
1. What inspired you to become a writer?
Well I have always been a storyteller, I would come up with stories to help me fall asleep. As they got more and more detailed I realized it was more than a way to fall asleep. They turned into something that has meaning and to me needed to be told.
2. What's your favourite book of all time?
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Keep going. Keep writing, keep editing, keep going even if it seems like the world is against you. I have had over 200 rejections on both my novels that I have been trying to get published since I was 20. But if you keep going someday you will make it, maybe not today or tomorrow but you will make it.
4. What is the most frustrating thing about being an author?
How hard it is to make a living from it. You can of course after years and many books. But it's hard work.
5. What's your favourite movie?
Tangled by Disney.
6. What's better, dogs or cats?
Well, I love both but cats will always be my favorite.
7. If money was no object, how would you spend your life?
Writing none stop, living in a cabin in the wood with three cats. Along with seeing the world.
8. Do you draw from personal experiences when you write?
Yes. When I write I put a lot of my own life/pain/love within it. It's a way of therapy for me.
9. What is more important? Strong characters or a strong storyline?
Strong characters. The storyline can be anything but if you don't have a strong characters it probably won't keep readers' interest, Strong characters can make the storyline into what it needs to be.
10. What advice would you give to first time writers when submitting their work to publishers or literary agents?
Don't give up. You will get rejected and it's going to hurt, hurt a lot, it can be soul crushing. But don't give up, it may take a little bit but you'll make in the end.
Purchase 'Daisy Chains'
Amazon (US): click here
Amazon (UK): click here
Amazon (Canada): click here