Author Interview: Ava Silurian
1. What inspired you to become a writer?
Reading Ray Bradbury as a kid! I adored his short stories.
2. What's your favourite book of all time?
Eek. I can’t answer that! So many books have made me feel so many things 🥰 Lauren Groff, Margaret Atwood, Octavia Butler, to name a few.
3. What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Set yourself a three minute timer every hour, and just free write for those minutes! Let it fly! Drafting brain is different than editing brain.
4. What is the most frustrating thing about being an author?
It can be lonely.
5. What's your favourite movie?
6. What's better, dogs or cats?
Cats. Cats cats cats.
7. If money was no object, how would you spend your life?
Hang with my fiancé, friends, family, write some, work some, make stuff I was excited about!
8. Do you draw from personal experiences when you write?
9. What is more important? Strong characters or a strong storyline?
10. What advice would you give to first time writers when submitting their work to publishers or literary agents?
Read the MSWL! See what the agent/publisher is into, and find the right work for that person. There’s so much info out there - Publishers Marketplace etc.
Check out Ava Silurian's latest title, Arc City Stories by clicking here.